Are you thinking of exploring scenic Ireland during the Spring season and wondering what to pack? Then you have come to the right place. We have prepared a definitive packing list for you, to ensure you have a wonderful holiday in Ireland this spring.
You can experience all kinds of weather in just one day in Ireland. It can be a sunny day and then it might start raining, and you might get to witness a bit of snowfall. It is advised to do the packing, keeping in mind the unpredictable weather.
April could be a very good month to visit Ireland with a good combination of not too cold, not too hot weather. Whether you are planning on hiking or exploring the Irish nightlife, here’s a list of items to help you pack for your exciting trip to Ireland.
Basic Packing List
- Bring at least two pairs of comfortable shoes if you think you will be doing a lot of walking and sightseeing.
- Wear lots of layers so you can transition from the cold outdoors to a nice warm pub easily.
- A fleece is a great choice if you want to stay warm as well as a hat, scarf, and gloves.
- Bring one or two items of summer wear, you never know when you could get some beautiful weather!
- Remember to bring a travel adapter for any of your electrical items.
- It can never hurt to have a map or GPS to travel with.
What to Pack for Hiking
Ireland is a fantastic country if you are interested in hiking. If you are planning on going hiking and exploring the national parks and interesting peaks, the right gear will make your hike relatively easier. Winds and rains in Ireland can come without invitation. Hence, it’s advised to be prepared for the weather even if it looks sunny outside. Here is our list of essential hiking wear for Ireland in Spring:
- Sturdy, waterproof boots and socks. If you do low-land trails then you could get away with using a shoe but if you’re hiking up mountains then it would be better to get a boot that offers ankle support.
- A layering system for your clothes is essential as it can get very cold up on mountains because of the wind. Layers are also great if you get too hot and need to take some off. You will need a base layer, a medium layer, and then a shell layer. After that something that is waterproof and breaks the biting wind.
- Hat, gloves, and scarves are a must.
- Lined, warm trousers and then a waterproof layer that you can put on over them if the weather turns.
What to Pack for Cities and Nightlife
Irish culture is centered around pubs and spring is a great time to experience the Irish pub culture. Cities in Ireland are very accessible and hotels, nightlife, historical landmarks, and museums are all usually within walking distance of each other.
- Dress up comfortably for the outdoors as you could spend an entire day walking around the streets.
- Since cities in Ireland are extremely accessible, you could also go and change for evening wear. Make sure to carry some relevant clothes for evening dinners, pints, and dance clubs.
Pack your best clothes along with a winter coat for a fun night out in Ireland.
What to Pack for a Day Tour
If you are planning a day trip there are a few packing essentials that every good tourist should remember to bring. To make your trip more enjoyable, we have put this quick packing list for a winter (or Spring) bus trip to the Cliffs of Moher just for you. Find out more about our great range of day trips and private tours, see our special offers, or contact us for some great advice on what to see when you are visiting Ireland.